Sunday, July 29, 2007

Staying in Sydney



So here is where I stand right now. I've been living in Australia for about six months. And then I came home for a month on winter holidays. Just for the record, I am home for winter holiday from Australia means I left at the end of June and ended up back in Montana just in time for 100 degree weather and a hell of a good time.
But here's the thing. I initially headed to Australia for a year to study nursing. Basically, I decided to take a year off from actually working toward my degree while still going to school and go to Australia. If you can't figure out WHY I would want to do this, I can't help you out. Well, I could. But my fingers would get tired (all the typing) and you might get bored. Or distracted. My point is, it's something I've always wanted to do, so I did it. Consequences be damned! Theoretically, of course.
The consequence was a bit larger than expected.
No, I'm not pregnant.
No, I haven't lost half a leg, an arm, and an eye to a crocadile.
Yes, I've seen a kangaroo, but I'm not so sure what the major consequences of seeing one would be.
I've decided to stay in Australia to finish my degree. Not so sure what the consequences of THAT will be, but i guess I'll just have to wait and find out. Turns out life is a little like that. You have to live life to find out what's going to happen. That's a whole different story, unfortunately.

No comments: