Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Harbour Cruise and Random Key

Last night I went on the Harbour Cruise, an event planned by the University. Basically, a ton of people got on a boat, drank a ton of alcohol and danced as the boat moved around the Harbout. Honestly, I forgot to look out the window, so I'm not sure if it was even a good view. But it was fun... I keep spending way too much money, especially on taxis to get home... although last night it wasn't my fault. Really. I trusted a friend to help me get home, and he did, but it ended up costing me about $100 (AUD) to catch a cab from where the last train stopped.

Anyway, as usual, things got interesting due to a Random. And, Madeline, no, they do actually have names; I'm just writing them to try and protect their identities. And in case anyone who knows them might actually be reading this! (Check the end of this blog- I'll put in a key.) The Random from last night was actually a reoccurring random. Two (or three?) weeks ago I went to the Roxy in Parramatta, where i met two randoms, Randoms #2 and #3. Random #2 I've seen since then... and Random #3 turned up last night. Weird huh? Well, nothing happened, as far as I'm concerned. We danced (he's a good dancer.) and then he rode the train part way with me and called a cab.

I wasn't originally supposed to take train home, but the boat had to dock early due to a medical emergency, so the bus that was supposed to take us home wasn't due to arrive for another hour. So, given that, I decided to take a train as far as i could before I called a cab. In retrospect, I should have taken the Night Rider and saved myself heaps of money. I know what to do now, I guess. Life goes on. Anyway, Random #3 was very helpful and it's always nice to have someone who knows the city a bit better than I.

Here it goes... the Key to Randoms (with statistics):

Random #1

Brett Hughes, 26 years old. 6'1", about 90 kg. He is a financial analyst for a firm in Sydney. Originally from a farm north and west of here, he has a brother and a sister. He currently lives in Epping, a suburb of Sydney with two roommates.

Random #2

Tom Reid, 19 years old, 6'0", in his second year apprenticeship as a carpenter. He lives near Parramatta, which is about an hour north of Campbelltown. Blonde hair, blue eyes.

Random #3

Robert. About 5'10", brown hair, blue eyes. Obviously, I don't know a lot about him. He's an engineering student at the Penrith campus and in his first year, which means he's probably a bit young... but he's a good dancer. He enjoys playing water polo and drinking.

Random #4

Tim Parker, 22 years old, 6'3" 85 kg. Tim has a degree in Physical Education and will graduate with his second degree (Bachelor of Education) in July. He currently plays soccer for a local club teams, but hopes to pursue a career in soccer. Blonde hair, blue eyes.

No comments: