Thursday, March 29, 2007

March 30

Today is Friday- finally! It's been a bit of a long week, between getting on the wrong train and going an hour out of my way, to almost fainting in Anatomy Lab (not because the cadavers were disturbing, just so you know) to going out with Random #2 and Random #4, and the TOGA PARTY on Wednesday night... I think I will take the weekend to sleep. Turn my phone off and sit in front of the TV eating Mackers and drinking Corona. Maybe not at the same time. Do you suppose a cheeseburger, fries, etc would taste good with beer?
But, i think i am done drinking for a while. The toga party got a bit insane, and although I did behave myself, the night could have very easily hit out of control status. I mean, a bunch of people in sheets drinking res punch (basically Jungle Juice)... it's a recipe for disaster. I think Con was actually dancing on the pool table at one point, and what's worse, I almost got up there with him. Yes, I think i'd best lay off the sauce!

AUSTRALIANISMS:

"Reckon"- used an mazing amount. as in "I reckon it'll be okay if..." or "I reckon I should..."
sunnies- sunglasses
swimmers- swimming suit
fireies- firefighters
"Good on ya"- NOT as in "That looks good on ya". Actually, I'm not sure what this means...

No big plans for this weekend. Random #4 wants to go out tonight, and a group is going to the local club, 209, which i have yet to go to. Random #1 wants to get together as well, but I don't know if I can be bothered to take the train all the way to Epping to see him. I won't make him come to C'town, as it is the ghetto and totally not okay to visit.

Campbelltown is actually one of the poorer Sydney suburbs, with a fairly high crime rate and increasing rates of drug use and teen pregnancy. By the way, they did not put this in the brochure for the school.

Right. I have to go do research for a group project that's due in two weeks. Best get crackin' if I'm planning on passing! Good on ya, mate! (This is how they use this phrase. Sometimes. Apparently, it's appropriate in a variety of situations, but no clear rules have been established for its use.)

No comments: