Monday, March 19, 2007

New Friends

February 19 (?)
The following is a brief description of the individuals whom I have met in Australia and who may or may not be playing a further role in my life.
Jana and Henning: German couple. Henning will be attending school and studying English while Jana will be living in Sydney for the next two months before returning to Germany. They arrived the same day I did and we rode the same shuttle from Sydney airport to Campbelltown. Elena and I wen tot Sydney yesterday to try and find an apartment for Jana, and to sight-see.
Elena: German exchange student from the same town as Jana and Henning, although they did not know each other before arriving in Australia. She is here studying English and Spanish, though just for the semester. Her English is not as good as Henning’s, but they are all intent upon teaching me at least some German.
Bianco, Mike, Renee (Donko), Kim: Campbelltown Student Residence Resident Assistants. I think there are a few more, but if I have met them, I can’t remember. They all seem really cool, very chill and PARTY ANIMALS! Which is apparently common here…. How will I ever adjust?
Abigail: Crazy, hilarious English-woman who arrived last night. We sat together at orientation and had a good time- she freaking cracks me up and it appears we have similar senses of humor, which is nice. It seems we have a lot in common, or at least enough to be good friends. I hope so; I truly like her. She is part of a party of four arriving from the same school in Britain. I like her because she is willing to discuss politics; not many people are terribly interested, it seems, in current political issues, international government, and other important issues. They do like to drink though. Think I may have mentioned that….
Batiste: Frenchman who is a complete stereotype! I mean, he’s nice, but his English is rudimentary and he looks like a stereotypical Frenchie. So funny. He is intent upon teaching me French. At this rate, I will end the year multi-lingual.
Kim Bastien: German who is at Bankstown. I sat with him on the bus ride back from Parramatta. I’m not going to lie: I found him very attractive, despite his name being Kim.

There are more people- I know there are- but I cannot write about everyone right now. My mind would explode and my fingers would cramp! But it is a start.

No comments: